Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Looking Back, Looking Ahead

Hi, Everybody!



I updated the preceding entry with some stuff I misplaced, so it's probably worth checking out again. Also an important note about the latest assignment (I.e., Don't do it!) You can't miss the new parts; they're in red.

Our next sesh will be on drawing heads from behind. PLUS other glories yet unplanned.

Then next week, we'll move on to the conundrums Sketch and Jon raised last time: Blocking scenes, getting characters to look convincing in spaces and choosing how to move the characters around in those spaces to show the story.

That reminds me: I've decided that much like the clothes I posted last week, "storytelling" has had its day. From now on its "Storyshowing™." I mean, really. Every freshman writing prof lays down this  nugget of deservedly eternal wisdom: "Show it; don't tell it" and those kids can't even draw.


John

"Storyshowing™" and its attendant markings,  logotypes, and resulting impressions, emotions and genomes are fully owned trademarks of John Heebink Artiste Corp, Inc. World rights reserved. Violators will be violated. Prosecutors will be persecuted and electrocuted.


No comments:

Post a Comment