Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

What Happens Saturday...?

Hey, Everybody! Looking forward to our September 9th session. For warmups, we're going to do our usual storytelling exercise, seeing if we can get it to under half an hour.

What else will we get under our belts with this session?

I'd like to see if I can simplify shadow placement for everyone, and I'm devising a handout that I think might be able to do that. We'll revisit the topic of edge control too.

Shadows on objects add so much drama and 3D solidity to a page. And when those objects are your characters, the benefit is redoubled.

Another Few Words on Inking

To put the final polish on our recent inking concentration, the timeless thoughts from a terrific inker and friend (and writer), Ande Parks:




See you Saturday!

John

P.S.: To get the most out of this course, I recommend you print out Ande's above Tweets and the previous post (The Inking "Bible") for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment