Search This Blog

Friday, February 9, 2018

For you to print out: Inking Warmup blanks!

Hello esteemed students,
Even when I was young and sprightly like you, it took a long time for my inking hand to warm up. It was often more than two hours before I was really cooking.
Warming up's at least as important now that I'm 60.
I think it's beneficial at any age, except maybe for natural, born inking prodigies.
So here are these to print out. At class this weekend, I'll give you some physical copies on good paper.
You remember the drill: Fill each square with a different pattern or texture, some gradated from dark to light, others of more consistent density. It helps you start your inking day fully in touch with the particular qualities of your chosen inking tool--from the lines it can make when you work very lightly, to when you really lean on it.
Also, it's a little fun.
The file to download and save:


Some examples of patterns and textures:


A reminder to bring your iPad, if you have one: Bring your iPad!

JH



No comments:

Post a Comment