Search This Blog

Monday, November 20, 2017

Down with Meetup!

You guys,

(You can ignore the following if you've never attended the class.)

I have had it with Meetup.

Seen from my end, and through my grouchy-old-man eyes, it's a mess. Non-intuitive website navigation; a crummy app with limited features; unfriendly fees, non-existent customer service-- even though they make money on me.... They are only as good as they feel they need to be: i.e., not very. F 'em.

There are a (very) few alternatives. The one I chose is UK-based groupspaces.

Our new home:


To help the transition and make sure no one needs to double-pay, I WON'T TAKE ANY DUES PAYMENTS AT TILL 2018. The first of the year, you'll pay your $18/mo dues through groupspaces. Sorry to make you register for one more thing... 

You'll need to apply to the groupspaces Saturday Comics Class. I'm going to give preference to people who've attended or at least RSVP-ed to a few semi-recent sessions. Maximum group size for us will be 50. (We had about 350 and could have gone higher on Meetup, but I had to pay for that and they ignored me when I asked to drop down to the cheaper scheme. Meetup sucks.)

All else about the class remains the same! I await seeing you guys on our next meeting, 2 December. Contact me if you have questions.

Happy Thanksgiving,

John


No comments:

Post a Comment