Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Some Style Experiments

Fellow learners:
You may be interested to see a couple examples of my current struggles--I'm trying to devise a "new" style of working that I can reasonably sustain through many pages, despite the fact that my hands are shakier than they used to be.

I'm striving to do that most impossible thing: keep it simple. I'm doing so-so on that score.

This is for a pet project that I want to present digitally. It's a futuristic story, but it starts in the past:


And this guy is a character I doodled in a sketch book. I'm gonna keep an eye out for an opportunity to put him into my project. I think he's got an interesting mug.

I've been practicing what I preached about grabbing Photoshop swatches from photos. The top two panels use a palette based on this photo of Aziz Ansar et al:
See you Saturday!

JH


P.S.:
I have a pen that I don't believe is mine: a Kuretake Zig Managka Flexible. It's terrific! I'll bring it in Saturday. Speak up if it's yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment